Digital Project Manager
Orphans is a leading end-to-end marketing agency based in Herefordshire. As a company, we're about to embark on an exciting new chapter, making this a great time to join our ambitious agency.
We're looking to recruit a Digital Project Manager who will help to facilitate the smooth running of bespoke website and web app projects from start to finish, ensuring that the client and team are happy and that the project runs to spec, budget and timescales.
This role is critical in making sure that customers receive excellent service and our teams are fully supported to deliver a high standard of work. You will be working with our design, web development and performance marketing teams, and in particular with our Studio Manager who manages overall forward forecasting.
As part of the senior team, you will help scope and estimate the costs and delivery schedule of proposed projects. You will then manage the project/s to be on budget, within scope, on time and compliant with agency policies, procedures and technical standards.
You will be responsible for project reporting and ensuring the team knows what their daily tasks are based on the project timeline. Key tasks will be to keep a keen eye for scope creep, liaising closely with our developers, and managing changes with our clients, as well as their expectations. You will also maintain the snagging/to-do list in the closing phase of projects and be a single point of contact for all teams.
This role would ideally be based at our Leominster office or hybrid working for the right candidate.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in project management, product management, account management or similar.
- Experience within the web industry is strongly preferable but consideration will be given to those who can display the ability to understand other types of technical thinking.
- Experience in an agency environment or a similar professional role for at least 4 years - planning, executing, and delivering complex technical projects.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, manage resources and scheduling, and run team meetings.
- Good understanding of the principles and processes involved in web development.
- Good working knowledge of content management systems/CMS.
- Excellent team working skills, working collaboratively with the team to successfully deliver projects within targets
- Ability to present complex subjects in understandable terms internally and externally.
- Be organised. Enjoy managing projects of varying complexity and impact.
- Practical and level-headed with the ability to manage multiple projects at once and to react quickly when needed.
- Be empathetic. Recognise when people need help and flexibility in delivery.
- Be conscientious. Take responsibility for the tasks you have committed to complete and ensure they are delivered to the satisfaction of the client.
- Be keen to progress and develop
- Communicate. Let the team around you know what is needed and by when and let them tell you what is going well and what is not.
- A team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
- Motivate. You are a people person and use those soft skills to motivate and encourage.
- Ensure confidentiality when dealing with client and company information.
- Communicate and be focused on pre-emptive problem solving as well as in managing the expectations of the client at all times.
- Plan, execute and deliver digital projects end to end and being ultimately responsible for their successful outcome, measured in terms of timeliness, budget allocation and customer satisfaction
- Work with senior leadership to scope and estimate the cost and delivery schedule of proposed projects.
- Identify project-based risks and mitigation.
- Working with the Studio Manager to ensure correct documentation, deposits, payment schedules and commencement contracts are in place before work begins.
- Working with the Studio Manager to agree milestones for project delivery and how this fits with priorities across the overall schedule.
- Liaising with the team to iron out any roadblocks or communication issues they may have and protecting team members from interruptions, spec changes, etc.
- Working alongside the performance marketing team to ensure any defined or potential activity they may undertake can be supported by the delivered website
- Creating and agreeing a thorough project specification prior to commencement and that the budget assigned to complete the work is appropriate.
- Produce user-friendly wireframes with our interactive designers.
- Create project plans, revising when appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Managing and assigning relevant tasks to members of the team using our project management software ensuring the team knows their tasks at all times.
- Escalate any project-related issues and opportunities to the senior team in a timely fashion.
- Agreeing any changes that need to be made as the project commences, highlighting variations to the client and any cost/time implications
- Ensuring all projects follow our agreed internal procedure and procedural checklists are completed throughout the project and website documentation is current/complete and stored appropriately.
- Manage accurate and regular communications of project status to clients including a plan for content production, migration & entry and launch procedures.
- Occasionally, working with clients to agree Non-Disclosure Agreements, enhanced privacy or security documentation or other legal or contractual obligations
- Work with the studio manager to continually improve our project management process
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV (and examples of work) to the email address below. You may also use these details to request more information about the position.
Helen Bowden (Company Director)
T. 01568 612460